- The club coach understands that their priority is to the Oak Bay Figure Skating Club
- The club coach shall maintain the Team Coaching Policy of the Oak Bay Figure Skating Club.
- The club Coach agrees to give private and group instruction to members in accordance with the club ice schedule and consistent with the Club’s base coaching policy.
The base coach shall endeavor to place an assistant coach on the skaters’ weekly schedule in consultation with the parents of the skater.
- The club coach shall attend registration and communicate with skaters, parents and registration chairperson about registration procedures throughout the skating season.
- The club coach shall be responsible for notifying the club a minimum of fourteen (14) days in advance for any session they are unable to attend, save and except for
sickness and unforeseen circumstances, in which case the coach shall be responsible to find a replacement coach and notify the skating director and the club.
- The club coach shall at all times abide by the bylaws, rules, regulations and policies of the club.
- The club coach shall at all times conduct herself/himself in a professional manner and agrees to abide by the Skate Canada Coaching Code of Ethics.
- The club coach shall maintain harmonious relations with all club members, coaches and instructors.
- The club coach agrees to maintain quality standards of instruction and adhere to the professional educational standards as set out for coaches in the
Skate Canada Rulebook under Section 2400 or as amended by policy from time to time.
- The club coach shall work with the Executive and other coaches to ensure that all rules an regulations are adhered to and to maintain discipline during all
sessions he/she works or when directed to do so by the club.
- The club coach shall ensure that all students are aware of and comply with the rules and regulations of the club.
- The club coach shall be responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate level of supervision for skaters for the duration of the session prior to leaving the session or the arena.
- The club coach shall supply the club with a detailed monthly schedule or as otherwise agreed between the parties, of group lessons given.
- The club coach shall attend any coaching meetings upon the request of the Vice President or the Director of Skating. The Coach shall also attend club executive
committee and /or subcommittee meetings upon the request of the club. The coach is always welcome to attend the monthly Board meetings. Upon the request of the club,
the coach shall attend on or more Vancouver Island Region tri-annual meetings.
- The club coach shall assist the club with the preparation and production of test days, competitions, ice shows, awards, and orientations.
- The club coach shall attend and participate in a performance review session to be held on a biannual basis and conducted by the Director of Skating and the
Vice President or designate.
- The club coach shall advise the club annually in writing by February 28, if he/she desires to enter negotiations for renewal of this agreement.
- The club coach shall notify their clientele well in advance of any private lesson fee increase.
- The club coach shall provide proof of Skate Canada registration and first aid certification annually by September 30th.
- The club coach shall be aware that music recording charges are based on $22 per minute recorded which includes a master and a back up copy.
- The club coach shall be aware that competition fees are as follows:
- The current Skate Canada approved mileage rate
- Hotel expense at the official hotel rate (coaches are encouraged to share accommodations)
- A per diem expense of $55.00
- The coach will invoice the skaters per segment skated on the following scale
- 1 to 5 skaters 1.5 hours per segment skated.
- 5 to 10 Skaters 1 hour per segment skated
- 11 or more skaters ¾ hour per segment skated
- Practice ice is billed at the regular rate of the individual coach.
- Tests taken within the CRD will be billed at one lesson per segment and mileage is waived.
- The Director of Skating will set the expense share based on the average coaches expenses.
- The club coach may not teach private lessons during scheduled group sessions without the skating directors permission. Circumstances may warrant lessons to be given
during these times, however it is to be done on a student rotation so no individual skater misses the group session on a regular basis.
- The club coach shall discuss with the skating director any variation of schedule with regards to an individual skater.
- The club coach shall assure that all extra ice bookings are booked by the director of skating. All extra ice sessions will then be posted so all members may participate.
This also adheres to Skate Canada guidelines with regards to liability insurance coverage.